Flea bites on humans is not a welcome sight. Besides the scratching, the flea bites swell up and reddened. These bites mostly occur on the lower part of the leg. The calves are especially very vulnerable. These bites can get very embarrassing for most people. With flea bites all over the leg, you can not wear shorts or anything that doesn’t cover the whole leg. The constant itching also makes people vey uncomfortable. Flea bites can cause unnecessary interruptions to a person’s life. That is why it is vital to take preventative measures. Most people decide to get rid of the fleas when it’s already too late. Here are a few ways to prevent from those annoying flea bites;
- Make sure there are no entry points in your house for fleas. Cracks and crevices are such points. Make sure that these are sealed well.
- A clean house is always advisable. If you have a carpet, make sure it gets vacuumed regularly. Clean under the sofas and other furniture. Don’t make it easy for fleas to breed in your house.
- Some people may get fleas even without pets around. This is because the people living in the house may frequent areas that have fleas. The fleas then jump on to them. Children that have a habit of paying with other people’s pets can use bring the fleas into the house.
- Pets should be kept clean at all times. Besides washing them, their space should always be kept clean. Remember to change their water and their beddings. If your dog has a kennel, it should get some thorough cleaning. If you can afford to, take your pets for grooming.
- You should also monitor where you pets go when they are outside. Teach them which the right places are and which are the places to avoid.
Taking advance measures is the best way to make sure you don’t have to deal with fleas or flea bites.