The constant itching and scratching caused by flea bites is enough to drive anyone crazy. Each time one of these parasites bites into a host, it injects a small amount of saliva in the mound. Depending on the host’s reaction, it may respond with an allergic reaction, known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
Whether you suffer from FAD or not, a flea infestation in the home can cause severe psychological torment and anguish. It’s almost unfathomable to think that such a small animal (average size of a flea is just 1.5-3.3 mm) can create so many pain and discomfort in your life. And to make matters worse, there’s quick or easy way to eliminate them from your home.
Take a Deep Breath and Relax…
If you’re stressing over a flea infestation in your home, you should take a deep breath and relax, because there’s hope on the horizon. With a little bit of work, and patience, you can effectively kick these parasites out of your home once and for all. As their numbers begin to dwindle, you’ll gradually regain control of your home; thus, eliminating the undue stress and mental anguish caused by these resilient blood-sucking parasites.
Tips For Eliminating Fleas Without Losing Your Mind:
- Keep your carpet/floors vacuumed (fleas often hide in the fabric of carpet).
- If you wake up in the morning with flea bites, wash your sheets with hot water and a cup of white vinegar.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants to protect your skin from flea bites.
- Avoid the use of chemical-based flea bombs or other products that may trigger adverse health reactions of their own.
- Diamantis Earth (DE) is a highly effective, all-natural product that can be used to treat flea infestations. Sprinkle a small amount throughout your home to kill fleas on contact.
I know this is easier said than done, but you shouldn’t stress over a flea infestation. Follow the tips mentioned above to help reduce, and eventually eliminate, the fleas inside your home. In the meantime, you can also work to ease the stress caused by these blood-sucking parasites.
Tips To Reduce Stress Caused By Fleas:
- Spend more time away from your home (go to a friend’s house, family member’s house, shopping, watch a movie, etc.).
- Exercise is one of the best stress-reduction techniques.
- Pamper yourself to a spa treatment.
- Eat a well-balanced, nutritious diet.
- Take action to eliminate fleas inside your home.